This programme is an accelerated, fast-track, senior status postgraduate degree in Law.
The specially devised curriculum builds on the fact that you will have already benefited from a university level education by enabling you to acquire a qualifying law degree in only 21 months, rather than the 3 years it would normally take to obtain an LLB.
The programme is carefully structured to cover the foundation areas of legal knowledge and to develop your core legal skills, while providing an opportunity for further specialist study.
The MA in Law is recognised by the Law Society and the Bar Council as a qualifying law degree for practice in England and Wales
- Law of Contract
- Law of Tort
- Public Law
- Land Law
- These units are assessed by examination in the summer and coursework during the year, except Public Law which is assessed by coursework only.
- Constitutional and Substantive Law of the EU
- Law of Personal Property and Trusts
- Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
- One unit from any of the LLM programmes or a research project