Following the success of our MSc in Economics, Finance and Management, this Masters programme has been introduced for those students who wish to put greater emphasis on finance and accounting topics in their graduate studies. In the first term you will develop key skills and a grounding in accounting, finance and management that will prepare you for the more advanced units taught in the second term. The MSc is completed through a project-based dissertation.
- Finance and Accounting
- International Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Methods for Economics, Finance and Management
One option is chosen from each of the key subject areas of accounting, finance and management, and a fourth option is taken from the whole range.
Accounting options include:
- Accountability and Accounting for Sustainability
- Accounting and Capital Markets
- Accounting Theory, Scandals and Standards
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Strategic Management Accounting
Finance options include:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Investment
- International Finance
- Introduction to Business and Economic Forecasting
- Law and Economics
Management options include:
- Electronic Commerce
- International Business
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
Unit availability is subject to staffing and timetable constraints. Please note: the number of available places on some units may be capped.
The MSc is completed with a project-based dissertation. A choice of dissertation subject areas is provided and you will be able to choose from a set of dissertation topics in these broader areas. Many of the dissertations are literature-based and you are expected to acquire and use literature search skills using a range of electronic and traditional sources.